The long term goal

Friday, March 11, 2011

new plan

i knew this was going to be tough, and maybe it sounds dramatic, i know people go thru much more difficult physical struggles (lauren), but days like these i just feel like quitting.  and its my own fault, i haven't taken a proper day off since last thursday.  so right now i'm feeling tired, crappy, defeated, scared about this damn event, and just wanting to up and quit.  seriously, i feel like crying.  again, not trying to sound dramatic at all.  i just think putting your body thru so much physically takes a toll on your emotions as well.  


feeling like i needed to restructure a bit, i went online and found a triathalon training program that i think will help me out.  it lays out a specific training schedule, with rest days built in.  i initially was going to do this, but i wanted some flexibility because i felt it would fit better with my lifestyle.  and although i am working out a lot, and doing all three things (swim, run, bike)on a regular basis, i am not sure if its the proper way to train after all.  i like the way the program is set up, and i think it would actually work out and fall in line with my regular daily schedule.  so starting monday i am going to start this new program and see how it goes.  and hopefully it will help to keep me from overdoing it to the point where i am feeling like this.  because obviously i can't quit, that is not an option.  so, tomorrow will be a definite day off, and sunday if the weather is looking nice maybe a lite bike ride.  and most importantly i have to stay positive and keep telling myself that this is not too much for me to handle, i'm one tough bitch ;)

3 comments:

  1. if anyone can do it, it's you! keep it up babe! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you are too hard on yourself. First of all don't feel like you can't ever complain again just because I had cancer (btw the "had" feels so damn good!). I realize it is the trump card to end all trump cards: someone bitching about a bad hair day? Bitch I had cancer and lost all my hair! But I digress. Second, you have set an amazing goal for yourself and while I know it scares the crap out of you I think the journey is just as important as the goal. Try not to focus too much on the end point. Each day of getting there is vitally important for you and your health too. I hope this new plan is better. I can't wait to read about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks fran <3 <3 <3

    lauren--yes, DEF too hard on myself...story of my life! i LOVE what you said...about the journey being just as important as the goal. yes!!! you're right!! because the journey is where i am learning what i need to do to make serious lifestyle changes....ones that i want to keep well after the event is over. and regardless of the event, right now i am getting healthier every day. amazing insight. thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete