The long term goal

Sunday, February 27, 2011

some nice people at my gym

so this is my first day with this blog thing.  and probably because i have no idea how this works, i have had a hard time setting it up.  although google promised "less than 5 minutes!".  so maybe it's just me??  anyway, i hope i actually get some people to read this!


i have been training for this triathalon for over a month now, and have to say i'm doing much better than i thought.  gives me hope that i will actually finish this thing come august.  i am in the gym 5-6 days a week, for at least an hour each time, but more often closer to an hour and a half.  plus 3 days a week i'm swimming on top of that.  its a lot of hard work.  but believe it or not, i'm liking it.  feeling like i'm getting back to my old self, (although i wish the weight loss thing happened as fast as it does on stupid shows like "the biggest loser.")  my trainer, D, who i LOVE, kicks my ass and makes sure i'm kicking my own ass when i'm not with her.  just what i need!!  


of course i have better days than others, and i get frustrated with myself when the workouts are hard.  but realistically i know it is going to take time to get where i want to be.  it takes no time to gain the weight, but forever to lose it!  so, my story for today.  went to the gym to do a spin class, and i had not been to this particular one yet.  after about 10 minutes i realized this was for sure an advanced spin class, though its not listed as such.  i managed for about a half hour, and was not keeping up with the class.  i decided i was going to stop and go do something else.  i whispered to the instructor on my way out that the class was too advanced for me, and she insisted i stay and not to worry, just go at my own pace.  so i felt a little stupid trudging back to my bike, but i did it and finished the class.  not like everyone else there, but i did my best, and not terribly.  then after the class the instructor came up to me and said that i never need to worry about what everyone else is doing, because we all started somewhere.  a bunch of the people around me were giving me lots of encouragement as well.  that made me feel so much better!!  i thought people would be annoyed if i was sitting while they were up, but they all said they pass no judgement on people at all.  they are just trying to get through the class too!  so i'm glad i stayed, and i will be back there next week.  good thing i didn't leave, D would've kicked my tush if she knew i left a class!  


so i started out the week with a really tough workout, only 5 more days to go haha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment