The long term goal

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

inspiration

i received a compliment from a very good friend yesterday.  she told me i have inspired her to start running, and now her husband is running too.  that made me feel soooo good, i can't even tell you!  to think that I actually inspired someone else, is the ultimate paying it forward.  i was inspired in the beginning by a couple of different people, and i'm happy to do it for others.  even my neighbor, who used to be a big runner but hasn't run in a few years, told me recently that she started running again and wants to do races with me.  very exciting!  its also good because the more people around me that are involved in fitness the more it keeps me going, and the harder it becomes to slack off.  its that competitive thing in me.  and how can i stop what i'm doing, when i've helped someone else to get moving??  the last thing i want to do is inspire someone to be an over-eating couch potato :)


yesterday was a lighter day, just ran on the treadmill for about 30 mins before abby's swim lesson.  running is starting to get a tad bit easier, which i'm thankful for.  its weird that despite these early morning wake-ups i'm not crazy tired during the day.  i'm thinking its gotta catch up to me eventually.  and that's why i have cases of red bull in my pantry!



No comments:

Post a Comment